6.18.2007

28 weeks...




This was a rather boring weekend for us. We did have a party on Friday night with Reagan's firm - hence the dressed up belly picture. Reagan spent most of the weekend preparing for a trial so I kept myself busy taking naps, reading, & working on the nursery. I've been hunting unsuccessfully for a perfect nightstand for the nursery. Finally, I gave up & decided to get creative. So, here is a picture of the table topper I sewed yesterday for the nursery. (Thanks for teaching me how to sew last summer, Kelly!) It's got the green & white baby toile from my nursery on top & then white polka dots on black & is trimmed with 2 different black & white gingham ribbons. I've also finished covering the corkboard behind the changing table. I can't wait to put sweet little black & white photos of the baby there soon!
I went to the dr today - all is good! I only have one more month of a monthly appt before the frequent twice a month & weekly appts begin! Wow! Heartbeat is good & strong, kicks are good & super strong. I did mention to my dr that several days ago I went for most of the day without feeling anything. Fortunately, I have my at home heart doppler which reassured me that the baby was okay (as I lay crying on the couch in fear.) I am so thankful for my dr. He urged me to not rely on my doppler but instead to go straight to him if I don't feel kicking for a while. He was adamant about how much he wants to deliver a living, breathing, healthy baby - & at this point, he could, if necessary. & he does not want me waiting around trying to feel something & wasting time if something were to be truly wrong. So, I really appreciated his honesty with me about the kicks, risks, & fears - especially for someone who has lost a baby before. Don't worry, Dr. Doke, next time, I'll be there!


1 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Wow! You go mommy! Love the table and corkboard...and you look BEAUTIFUL in that picture...it's wonderful! :) Pregnancy agrees with you :) More to come, ejw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...