6.02.2009

Bottom Cheeks & "Balls"

Oh my goodness, this conversation cracked me up!
On our last morning at the beach in FL, I observed the following scene:
A little girl (Aubrey, age 5 from AL), came up to Will who was swimming on the stairs at the pool & said (in a major Alabama accent,) " He has the cutest head!" I cracked up at her use of the word "head" instead of "face." Then, she said, "goochy goochy goo" & kissed him on the lips! He looked at me with a confused look & said, "Mommy?" (like he wasn't sure if this was ok!) Then, as he was getting away from her & walking up the stairs, she patted his bottom & said, "oh, cute little bottom cheeks!" She turned to me & said, "everyone has bottom cheeks." Yes, Madison, everyone does have bottom cheeks! And some are cuter than others.

Then, she finally noticed his feet & was just fine with my answer that it was how God made him. Clearly, she was more interested in his head, lips, & bottom cheeks to care about hands & feet. My mom commented that it would be that kind of girl that Will marries- someone who notices hands & feet only after they've noticed everything else (not that I like to think about someone noticing his bottom cheeks 20 something years from now... or kisses from girls... or even that I like to think about him marrying someone. Oh, bless my heart.)

On another note, Will is maybe not quite as innocent as he once was! He has always been a boob guy - he would stick his little hand down any woman's shirt (even strangers & nurses) who happened to be holding him as an infant. We called it his "happy place." However, in FL, he took it to a whole new level! Perhaps it was the fact that I was wearing a swimsuit all the time & often holding him at just the right level I guess while we were in the water but he noticed. I told him "no touch" & tried to be nonchaltant so that he wouldn't become "fixated." He proceeded to tell me that Mommy has balls. That's right; my son thinks I have balls. He even tried to look at mommy's balls & has said, "please, Will mommy's balls" -(translation - please give Will mommy's balls.) Oh my goodness - no touch! I am in trouble with this little boy, I think! I feel like it is too early for him to notice anatomy, isn't it!??!?! I'm just not ready for that level of "knowledge"- he has to accompany me in too many airport restrooms!

1 thoughts:

~Stevie~ said...

I am like crying I am laughing SO HARD! I love it!!! Let's write a book together with all of the funny things our boys say!!! MORE to come from the mouth of Will Butts...I just know it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...