4.15.2010

quick update to the roller coaster ride

I heard from our local genetic counselor this afternoon. The first rounds of tests for agressive infections attacking the baby came back negative. The good news is R & I no longer need to make a difficult decision about a drug that would have potentially caused harm to my kidneys but might have stopped the progression of the infection in the baby. The bad news is that we still have no idea what is going on. Our doctor is so great- he is consulting with lots of doctors trying to figure this out. (Again - I seem to complicate the lives of our doctors!) He wants to run another test for some more obscure infections. We will do that tomorrow beginning at 11:30am. We will likely have another ultrasound tomorrow. We may need to do further testing tomorrow. Please pray for our hearts and our precious baby tomorrow. God is God. He is God. He is.
Both of these are posted in my kitchen (I have found with raising Will that keeping scriptures in my kitchen might look cluttered but really helps me when I need them in my face). I reread them this morning and He just reminded me of the truth.
I know that You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted.... Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. - Job 42:2-3
Even when we are too weak to have any faith left, He remains faithful to us and will help us. -2 Tim 2:13
The hard part for me as a Mommy is recognizing that while His plan can not be thwarted - it may not be the same plan my heart so desperately wants. His plan might be to have this baby with Him sooner rather than later. I do know from my experience as Will's mom that His plan is wonderful - I may not see it until I get to Heaven (where hopefully he assigns me to a bed and an angel to rub my feet for 10,000 years & orders me to rest & not cry) - but, ultimately, His plan is too wonderful for my finite mind to grasp.
Thank you for praying.

3 thoughts:

Natalie said...

Your strength and positive perspective is amazing, you are one amazing Momma! Love You!

The Smiths said...

Hang in there Katie. I'm praying continually!

Kelly said...

Praying for that sweet baby...my vote is definitely to open the envelope! And then let us all know his/her name!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...