5.22.2010

A Mommy Date with Ellie

May 20, 2010

Sweet Ellie Girl-

Today, after our doctor's appointments, we had a girls' day. Lovie, Mommy, & you (of course!) went to a butterfly garden in Dallas. We took your brother with us too for that part of the day. Since we are decorating your nursery with sweet butterflies, I thought it would be fun to explore a butterfly garden.
I loved watching the butterflies flutter everywhere. I was reminded again of how creative our God is, Ellie. He doesn't design any two people exactly alike. Yet, He uses every creation. I thought of you, Ellie, because what others might label "wrong" or not a quality of life, a caterpillar so to speak, God looks at and sees as beautiful, majestic, & purposeful.
You are my butterfly. You are beautiful and you are being created by God with purpose.
(Will, Mommy, & Ellie in the garden.)

After a yummy girls' lunch, we went to see your first musical, Little House on the Prairie.
I rubbed you throughout the show - enjoying my time with you. I let myself somehow both dream of seeing more musicals together and yet I grieved that perhaps our first was also our last.
I loved just being with you today, Ellie.
Just now, you moved... the slightest shift but I love knowing where to place my hand and feeling you within me. Thank you - your movements are so precious to me.
I long to go on more Mommy Dates - just us girls. Your daddy has mentioned taking you out on dates too! I want to get to know you. I'm begging for more time with you.
I love you more than you can imagine -
Love, Mommy


Ellie, Mommy, & Lovie at Ellie's First Musical
3 generations of women in our family!

2 thoughts:

Unknown said...

That was the sweetest post! You know how to make your words sing! I also enjoy every little movement and treasure every one. Isn't it precious?
Much love!
Cheryl

Unknown said...

I loved your "being created by God with a purpose" Beautifully put. That phrase will help me.
Had to tell you that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...