6.16.2010

Ellie in the Belly Update - 29 weeks

I saw my perinatologist (local one) again today. Ellie remains stable with no changes since last week. It took her awhile to do her breathing exercises but she finally passed! (Perhaps she was asleep?) Her face was down so I only have pictures of her cute nose & lips - definitely has her daddy's lips I think! I'll continue having weekly ultrasounds & bio physical profiles with the local perinatologist until we head to the Dallas area at 36 weeks. Next week will be a big "numbers" ultrasound in which they will once again measure everything - it's been several weeks since our last big numbers ultrasound. Hopefully any changes seen next week will be improvement changes! Her liver & stomach & brain continue to look clear of those mysterious masses. No new ones were seen today. Her heart still has a couple. Her limb movements are still minimal but her trunk & head movements are frequent! She's beautiful & I am thankful to be able to look at her so often! (I just wish it was under less stressful circumstances.)
I took Will with me today to the appointment. This doctor hasn't met Will out of the womb so it was fun to introduce him (although Will was in full pirate mode & wouldn't say "nice to see you" until we were leaving. He was sticking to "aaargh" & other pirate speak for most of the appt.) Will did great for the appointments. He watched a little Veggie Tales & had his snack & every now & then would randomly say, "it's okay Mommy, it's okay. Ellie's not hurting Mommy." Precious. Then, when the doctor came in to do his scan, Will got up at one point to come hold my hand & again said, "Ellie's okay, Mommy, she's not hurting." Precious boy. I wasn't crying nor had I built up the appointment - he just knows I guess based on our conversations the past 10 weeks that his baby sister isn't feeling well. He was so sweet to want to reassure me during the scans! Our doctor commented on how compassionate he is. He's quite protective lately of his Mommy & baby sister.
Oh, I love that boy (& this girl!)

3 thoughts:

JennyCraig said...

So precious, that big brother. :)

Laura said...

Love that sweet Will (and Ellie too of course!) So glad for an uneventful appt. Proud of little Ellie and praying all future appts are as uneventful as today!!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I am excited for your great appt and excited for 29 weeks. I know you celebrate every week as a milestone! Thank you, Lord.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...