8.30.2010

Will is 3!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Will!

How much I love cuddling with my precious boy

We went around the table telling him 3 things each that we admire about him. He really enjoyed the affirmations and made sure we each got a turn.
cheesy smile - LOVE it!
He gave lots of the best hugs ever "Will hugs" - so tight & glorious around my neck
Talking to his friend on the phone who called to wish him a happy birthday...
Will invited his friend over to watch him open presents and eat cake tonight and his friend said yes. Bless their 3 year old hearts- they don't realize they are 6 hours apart!
Will misses his sweet friends!
Such a sweet trooper - we spent the morning at Scottish Rite for Ellie's therapy and as I had another appointment (post-op with my OB), we had to grab a quick lunch at the hospital cafeteria -
so special for one's birthday.
Thankfully, Will was happy to be eating & to get popcorn.
Though I have suffered a great amount of mommy guilt today at the time required to care for Ellie, going to a hospital on Will's birthday, etc, I am so thankful that we are not actually staying in a hospital - as I anticipated we might be had Ellie required surgery or been sick at birth. I am thankful for outpatient visits today.
And I am glad that despite spending a good chunk of the day at therapy, Will still declared that it was a "fine birthday!"
And then he asked if God was going to take away his being 3 tomorrow.
And he asked God if He has a Jessie and Woody doll.
He didn't wait for God to answer - he had too much to tell him today.
I interviewed Will this morning as a new three year old. Here is what I learned:
his favorite color today: green (but he also mentioned brown & blue)
his favorite animal: giraffe
his favorite letter: W
his favorite number: 1 and 3
his favorite game: Candyland
his favorite pretend game: school
his favorite food: watermelon
his favorite drink: watermelon juice and apple juice
he likes candy too
his favorite thing from his two year old year: swimming class "I miss swimming class!"
where he would most like to go on an airplane: the beach or back to our house
his favorite sport: Baseball
his favorite team: Rockhounds
his best friend: Ruby (our golden retriever)
his favorite movie: Peter Pan
his favorite bad guy: Captain Hook (surprise surprise) "I don't like good guys, Mom."

my favorite boy ever - WILL!!!

Here's some of what he is up to lately:
He loves pretend games - I never know what "identity" I might get at any given moment but I am expected to fully participate in character. He mostly pretends to be a student at school, a cowboy, a pirate, or Andy from Toy Story
He can count to 29 - although he repeats "13" several times for some reason
He knows his birthdate and most of his address
He is still Mr. Social and likes to introduce himself & strike up conversations with any adult willing to talk to him wherever we go. In fact, he often asks adults questions about their lives, families, jobs, etc - quite engaging little guy.
He is sight reading. We noticed back in May that he was sight reading some words so I have worked some (when I remember to- life has been hectic) with him and he can sight read maybe 10ish words.
He has the best laugh I have ever heard in my entire life.
He adores his baby sister.
He about breaks my heart when he asks if I still love him.
He can figure out tools and how to operate things much faster than I can.
He talks non stop when he is awake and I love it.
He speaks a few Spanish phrases.
He can do some basic addition and subtraction in his head.
He likes to know the plan (like his mom.)
He adores his friends.
He cracks us up.
He loves to run and play outside.
He amazes us daily.
He knows all kinds of facts about random things.
He will try most new foods without a problem. He loves fruits and meats especially. He also loves fish and weird veggies - like asparagus and broccoli.
He loves chocolate.
He is a great napper - thank the Lord! I wake him up after 3 hours.
He is a great sleeper at night - often goes 11-13 hours!
He is an incredible cuddler - very affectionate.

We love our Sweet Will! While I have been sad to watch him grow up and turn 3, I am so excited to see what this next year has in store for him!

5 thoughts:

Jo Anna said...

I LOVE that guayabera shirt! Happy Birthday to such a sweet and funny young boy!

Kara said...

He's sweet, he's cute. Happy Birthday! With such kind and caring parents both of these kids are going to be just fine! Sending good thoughts and and prayers your way as always....

Christie M said...

Awww so sweet. Happy Birthday! We have 3 grandsons who are all 3! Amazing energy!
2 years closer to Out on a Limb Camp! :)

BrendaE said...

I don't even know you guys but your Will makes me smile every time I check your blog. His smile is contagious for sure! Please tell him a Gram in Oklahoma is wishing him a very happy 3 year old birthday. I do believe you may have a genius on your hands! God blessed you with a very special little boy!

The Smiths said...

Happy Birthday Will!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...