9.28.2010

Uppers

Today, we saw Ellie's uppers doctors for the first time. It was a hard appointment for me because I was flying solo.
Here's the basic gist:
they are very pleased with her elbow movements and range of motion
she will require wrist surgeries on both wrists around 18 months :(
she will wear casts on both wrists following surgery for 6 weeks :(
She may have a dislocated shoulder (s?) & I have no idea what the treatment is at this time. They sent us for a sono and then changed their minds as they prefer another tech to perform it and she is out of the country. So, it's been scheduled for the 11th to determine if Ellie's shoulder is dislocated.
They will work closely with her lowers doctor in order to make sure she can use her hands to help with walking if necessary (ie if she needs a walker)

The appointment naturally went way longer (like an hour) than I expected so I only made it for the last 3 minutes of Will's soccer practice. Add that to my long list of mommy failures of late. Will, didn't care, however, & proudly showed off his baby sister to his Coach & friends. I just hated missing something I had said I would be at.

1 thoughts:

kelly said...

you are going to laugh so hard in 20 years when will talks about that super fun time in his life when he got to live in an apartment in dallas & play soccer & see his grandmother all the time! i bet he'll never remember the things you worry about - not that that keeps us mommies from worrying!
& i guess @ that time will will be in med school, so maybe then he'll know the correct position of the heart. haha! the pictures are too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...