10.27.2010

Ode to My Mom

I miss my mom.
I miss how she was always traveling down 25 flights with her cart and our green bag of laundry.
I miss how she was creative in doing crafts and preschool lessons with Will.
I miss her energy to play Toy Story "one more time."
I miss her taking Will to "Mommy & Me" at the arboretum.
I miss her giving me a break & taking Ellie to therapy at the hospital for me so I could have fun time with Will.
I miss her making breakfasts and lunches.
I miss how she made sure I ate on my way to the hospital or when I got home.
I miss that I could wake her up after an early morning feed to help with Ellie & then go take a nice morning nap.
I miss watching shows with her while I worked on thank you notes.  (If you haven't got one yet & I owe you... it's coming... sometime before 2012.)
I miss the text pictures of Will having fun at the museum or park while I was at the hospital.
I miss having someone to share laughs with at Will's funny willisms or to admire Ellie with me.
I miss her company.

I am so thankful to my dad for being flexible in sharing my mom with us for 10 of the past 12 weeks.  At 36 weeks, I was no longer allowed out here on the frontier & so Will, Ellie in the Belly, & I moved to Tyler to live with my parents while we waited for Ellie's arrival.  My mom cleaned and worked so hard to make the condo ready for us.  She decorated and made a big boy room for Will & an area for Ellie.  She even decorated for fall & Halloween!  I am so thankful for so many things about my mom.  There is absolutely no way I could manage all that I am dealing with without her.  Her support - both emotionally & practically are invaluable.  I am so grateful that she could put her life on hold to help us live ours.
Without my mom, I would have had some very lonely weeks (R came in on the weekends & my mom would take a break then...)  Without my mom, Will would have had to go to countless therapy and doctor appointments.  I would not have been able to focus on Ellie and her needs and it would have been unfair to subject Will to so many hospital visits.  He was able to keep his schedule and still be with Mommy - thanks to my Mom.  My mom makes me be a better mom.
I am forever grateful.

3 thoughts:

JennyCraig said...

Your mom is so precious! Moms like this are such a gift from the Lord! B and I have been in Waller this week with my mom! So thankful for her, too! We're headed back to the "frontier," as you call it...and we're looking forward to swinging by soon to welcome you home!

Starla said...

Your mom is a sweet gift to you! And you are Will and Ellie's gift as well.

Unknown said...

Moms are the best and you don't realize how much they love you until you make them a grandmother, or in your case a 'Lovie.' :)
Tell you Mom hello. She is precious and a Superhero!
So thankful for her to you.
Thanks for sharing.
Love, EJ & Co.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...