12.08.2010

Where There's a WILL, There's a WAY! Part 1

Where There's a WILL, There's a Way!
We had so much fun at the 2010 WTAWTAW events at the Dallas White Rock Marathon.

The weekend began with the fun party for current & previous patient champions (Will was a pc in 2007) at Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.  It's always fun to go there when we aren't there for doctors or therapies!
Will hammed it up

Ellie enjoyed some love from Becky who works in PR
Will & Rina (we met her family at Out on a Limb Camp in 2008, her big sis Ryanne was the jr race director this year & we worked on their home in March as part of Extreme Home Makeover...)
Will & Rina are the same age & always have fun together
I think he has met his match in "touch for a love language" with her! :)
hanging out with some local policemen
Both kids with their lowers orthopedist & chief of staff, Dr. Tony Herring
We love him!
Later, we stopped by to see Great-Grandpa

On Saturday, Will participated in his first official community race 
He did the 1 mile Mayor's Race

We're off!
Our cheering squad
Meanwhile, Ellie enjoyed her morning nap on mama




Coming up to the finish (Will had to be carried some)

The finish
(& no - it did not take us 30 minutes to do 1 mile.... we started after the 5k...)
I couldn't help but get teary eyed as he ran across a starting line.
Wow.  Never did I imagine this would be my life.
But how amazing to watch my son RUN!!!



I finally got to meet Christy, a blog reader, & her daughter, Erica
I loved meeting you!!!
I hope Ellie can get to know Erica as she gets older - I know she will serve as a great inspiration & role model to her
Thank you for always encouraging me as I walk this path.
On our way back to the condo, we stopped for coffee for R & saw real live reindeer and Santa across the street from our condo!!!



They all look tired in this one!
Some of the pr department from Scottish Rite

1 thoughts:

Unknown said...

So sad we missed it (again) this year...maybe nothing major will happen and we can be there.
Such fun...and so proud of Will running that is AMAZING.
Love ya'll too much!
ejw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...