12.22.2011

All I Wanted for Christmas...

HOPE!


This morning, in Ellie's therapy appointments,
I was given the best Christmas gift...
the gift of hope...
Ellie began to walk using her gait trainer for assistance!
She needed the therapist to help her move the trainer  (she's not strong enough yet) but she was taking the steps all by herself!

My Girl Began To Walk!
She moved her legs in the necessary repetitive motion & at the end of the session, she even began to bend her right knee!
How grateful we are for doctors and therapists who have worked so hard to get us to this point and who are committed to our little girl and our family.
How full of gratitude I am for a God that would see fit to let this happen just days before Christmas - in this season of hope to give me a glimpse of what is coming -
that my girl will walk someday.
And how blessed are we?
Will took his first independent steps just a few weeks before Christmas in 2008.  
Two children - both with differences and yet both have surpassed expectations and overcome (or are overcoming) challenges...
and both have surprised us with hope.
I don't take these little steps for granted.  This is huge!
Go my Ellie girl, Go!

How fun to celebrate these precious steps with an audience of therapists cheering for her.
And then to go straight to Daddy's office to show off.
(though it was hard on the cobbly surface)



There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle.
-Albert Einstein

We are blessed and are celebrating our precious miracles.

(& If I run into you in public, don't be surprised if I whip out a somewhat gaudily decorated gait trainer complete with lights & make you watch my girl show off her new skills!  And be sure to clap! :))

7 thoughts:

Mrs. Jenk said...

Love it- I can't imagine the pride and excitement!

Linda said...

Best Christmas present ever....and if I were to ever run into you, I would definitely cheer and clap!!!!

Scott & Shelby Peschel said...

way to go ellie!!!!!! And she has got to be the most stylin' girl around - love the christmas dress! So happy for all of you!

The Reeves bunch said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! This is the BEST post ever!!!! I can only imagine the feelings you had when she took those first steps! She is going to blow eveyone's mind with the things she is going to accomplish! Merry Christmas and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

BMarie said...

Yay Ellie!!!! This made my week. Just so awesome. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

way to go ellie girl :)

Elizabeth Nicole said...

Way to go Ellie! Look at that big girl!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...