7.02.2008

Will's First Weekend Away from Mom & Dad

Reagan & I went away last weekend for our anniversary after Will's doctor's appointments & my parents took him to Tyler for the weekend. It was very hard to say goodbye (see the last picture way down below.) It was nice, however, to take long naps, use a purse instead of a diaper bag, go out for long, romantic dinners, & not think about living around someone's nap & feeding schedule. However, I really, really missed him! It was especially hard at bedtime & when I saw other babies. Will had a wonderful time! My parents had every second planned as you can see from the pictures below.

Going up the stairs
Whew - at the top of the stairs
Having hallway races with Cookie (yes- this was actually a planned activity on Saturday!)
An exhausted boy
Reunited & it feels so good... can I tell you how excited I was to have my boy in my arms again! Just 36 hours but I missed him so much!!!

Swimming with Great Grammy & Cookie
Impressing the Gordon's with his tricks (These were kind of like adopted grandparents for Katie & Adam since they didn't have local grandparents growing up in Tyler)
The one handed stand

His first concert- an Irish band at the park near Cookie & Lovie's house




Chasing Great Grammy down the hall
Swimming with the neigborhood kids at his grandparent's pool
Will & the Nickels

Swimming with Cookie & Lovie



Saying "goodbye" - very difficult on me in case you can't see my tears! Will, by the way, began pushing me away! I guess he'd had enough kisses from his mom!
My parents had a party for some of their friends to come see & meet Will
Will helping his Cookie make his famous peanut butter chocolate chip cookies... he'll probably be the only one to know the secret to the recipe!
Will exploring the kitchen
Shopping for some fresh veggies & fruits for his dinner. I'm told he especially liked tomatoes as they likely looked like balls to him! I so wish we had a farmer's market here!









0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...