8.06.2008

Grocery Store Experience

I hate grocery stores- it seems people lose all social couth (is that a word??) & say whatever is on their mind regarding Will. I just want to shop for groceries. Reagan & I took Will for another outing today after therapy. He was doing so good with his legs & they stayed on this time (yea!!!)
Just as we're leaving the store, a man comes to help us take out the groceries. He never even notices Will's legs but notices his hands. Following is our conversation (as people are watching and listening mind you.)
Sweaty, large man getting very close to my child: He doesn't have hands!!!! (Said loudly with great emotion)
Me (quick to defend my kid): Yes he does, they're just different. (Smile, please get me to the car quickly)
S,L Man: I'm so sad he can't do ANYTHING with his hands.
Me: Yes, he can do EVERYTHING! (Smile, okay, how much further to the car...is he going to grab my child??? He's so very close to him - ever heard of personal space, mister man?)
S,L Man: But what about BOWLING??? He can't bowl.
Me: (flabbergasted) What? Bowling?!?!?! Had not thought of that one yet. He can granny bowl.
Reagan to the rescue: Think we can get our bags from here- thanks so much!
Anyone want to go to the grocery store with me when we get home??? I can pretty much guarantee you can get some laughs or at least you'll know it will be far from a 'normal' shopping day!

1 thoughts:

Mrs. Jenk said...

It is too bad that man will go through life with such a limited mind. Good for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...