8.05.2008

Hello from Hospital World

I'm exhausted & have to crash before a very long day in store tomorrow but wanted to share a quick funny story. (fyi- We're in Dallas at Scottish Rite hospital... Will is getting his first set of prosthetics & doing very intensive therapies.)
He's a trooper- this has been 2 exhausting days (& I'm not the one with extra weight on my legs & extra height.) These have been 2 difficult days- Will is having to relearn almost EVERYTHING - how to sit, how to stand, how to pull up, how to crawl, how to roll, etc. And he's having to learn a new method for doing these things.
ok - I digress. I'll post more on all of this later along with some pictures. Back to my story.
After his last therapy session today, I decided to take Will out in public with his new "legs" for the first time. We went to the grocery store. Things were going just fine until the check out line, where he lost a leg. I didn't notice until my mom told me. So, I'm trying to put his leg back on when the other one goes flying (I guess I didn't put them on right- normally they are super snug.) At this point I am dying laughing - not a situation I ever imagined myself in until the last year. Standing at the grocery store, trying to put "legs" on my 11 month old. The woman in front of me wasn't sure how to react which it made it that much funnier. She obviously wasn't sure if she should offer to help, should ignore it, should laugh with us, should stare.... quite funny. It was one of those times where I could cry or just laugh at the total absurdity our life has taken on.
More soon along with some pics of Will sporting his new legs. Please keep him in your prayers- this is a very TOUGH process for the little guy. I really admire him. It's tough on us too as we watch him struggle. til tomorrow...

3 thoughts:

Kate in Austin said...

I'm so glad you laughed! You and Will are in my thoughts & prayers this week and always. ~Kate H.

Michael & Jennifer said...

That is the funniest story!!! We are praying for y'all every day. Love you!

Megan said...

Okay, that made me laugh and sent me into a contraction...so, thank you for that and I could use a few more funny stories about 5 minutes apart for an hour....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...