10.19.2008

Editing...

Ok - So I reread my last post & thought maybe I should clairfy something. I did not leave the grocery store walking taller because I'd yelled at or picked on a 7 yr old girl. I left walking taller because I finally stood up for my son (& myself) instead of just crying in the produce section. And though I did yell...it wasn't really yelling in anger but rather yelling so she could hear me as she was rather far away from me. I was trying to teach her a lesson. Sometimes people tend to assume that if you are different you can't hear & you can't feel and neither can your mother. At least, it seems they assume that considering the things they say around us. Surely they wouldn't normally just talk about "normal" people so loudly in front of them. So, I was simply raising my voice across the produce section in the hopes of educating that little girl & her mother about appropriate behavior. :)

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...