10.14.2008

Favorite New Things!

For those of you who are currently in your 3rd week of training for the Dallas White Rock Marathon to be on Will's team or for those of you who are just running or walking for fun... here's some of my favorite new things I've recently discovered:
  • www.favoriterun.com - This website is great! It's free to join & you can map your route to calculate distance. You can also save your route- helpful when you need to run that mileage again! Love it!
  • H2O fruited water - "energy" drink. It is water but has the boost of caffeine! This is a must have for long runs I'm discovering! It gives you an extra boost without the calories or sugar of gatorade and without the drug feeling of goo. Love it too!
  • Audiobooks on your ipod- I learned this one from a friend of my mom's. It's the ultimate way to multitask! Now I get so excited about my runs everyday because I know I'm going to get in some "reading" while I'm at it. I've finished a Beth Moore book & 2 Francine Rivers books. It keeps you distracted while running & is better than music sometimes as you don't know what is going to happen next like you do with a song. Available from the itunes store & your local library.

Happy Running!

PS- It's not too late to join Will's team at White Rock this December! You can be a part of his team by running, walking, cheering, wearing your blue shirt at home, or donating in his honor to Scottish Rite on the online system. Check out his website at: www.wheretheresawillrace.blogspot.com

(*** If you want a shirt, make sure you place your order soon- the deadline is almost here! See the above website for more info!)

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...