3.11.2009

18 month well check

Will had his 18 month well check yesterday. Here are his stats:
height- 30 inches (10%)
weight - 22 lbs (10%)
head- I can't remember but it is in the 50%
The pedi told me repeatedly how much Will has "exceeded his expectations" developmentally. He was thrilled with his vocabulary & his development of various skills & it was encouraging for me to hear. It was especially fun for Will to show off his walking skills- both with & without zancos! (What a fashion statement that was- walking in just a diaper & zancos! ;)) I look forward to the day when I don't get nervous before a doctor appointment for Will & for the day when I don't spend time praying over Will the night before about all the what-ifs. I can't wait for the day when I don't tear up at anything & when I don't have to discuss any further testing or issues beyond things like potty training & time-outs!
We are still watching Will for a secondary syndrome- I was told not to panic (as I began to tear up)- he only has one possible indicator at this time. We will test him again at 2 yrs. The doctor gave me some percentages, but as you know, percentages don't really mean anything to us anymore!
The doctor is also concerned about Will's low weight & has put him on a feeding schedule of 3 meals a day & 3 snacks a day in the hopes that by June, he'll be 5lbs heavier! I wish someone would put me on that schedule! ;)
Also, I mentioned to the dr my idea about putting together a resource booklet/magazine for parents in our area of special needs kids. He got very excited about it & wants to meet with me to collaborate together! He also sent me some info earlier this week regarding a gymnastics program he is working to start here for kids with special needs. I think Will is going to give it a try soon & I'll post more info soon - it's the only one of its kind in the USA!
I love his passion for my kid!
All in all - a good appointment!
Off to pack- we're heading to Dallas today for more doctors appointments- Will will have flown 3x in 6 days by Friday!!!

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...