5.25.2009

Beach Boy!

We're Back at the Beach!



Will & I drove with my mom to Panama City Beach, FL after his prosthetics appointments last week in Dallas. This is his second trip here & he is the fourth generation of our family to come to this exact spot on the beach! I learned to walk here & now Will is enjoying this same place. So fun! Unfortunately, my dad was unable to join us due to a terrible ear infection (which meant he couldn't fly & his back can't take the long drive.) And, R can't join us due to work & upcoming trials. So it's Will & the girls!
We'll be back with our boys in September!


Mommy, Will, & our shovels

Shell hunting on the beach this morning on our walk

At the boatyard last night... how much longer will I be able to dress him in such cute smocked outfits??? I think my baby is turning into a little boy!


Swimming in the ocean together - Will is more fearful this year of the ocean. He still LOVES swimming in the pool & shows no fear, whatsoever, there. In the ocean, however, it's another story. He is gripping on for dear life to me up above. Hopefully, by the end of our trip he'll be more comfortable in the ocean. Last summer, he would float with me out past the waves for hours. Maybe not this year.


Chasing his big ball

Will & his Lovie

Will is enjoying digging in the sand & he especially loves giving his animals baths in the bucket
so cute in his hat... love those back muscles!
Bath time for his truck
The stealth hunter

Will loves chasing seagulls "e-gulls" too! See them in the very top of the above picture. He can get pretty close before they fly away & he just thinks it's a ball!

Attempting to build a turtle together - we failed. I have sandcastle digging ADD, I think.

Will cracks us up by "waving" at the waves while yelling "hi" & "bye-bye!" I think their name "waves" has confused him.


Very seriously studying the ocean

He also enjoys reading like his mommy & Lovie & prefers to do so in his own chair

Will keeps cracking us up by drinking the saltwater! He does have freshwater to drink in his cup but he seems to prefer ocean water - is he salt deprived or something?!?!? Cracks me up! Turn the music playlist at the bottom of my blog to pause to watch!



Will also apparently doesn't mind some extra fiber in his diet. Below, he seems to want to get to the pretzels before the "e-gulls" do. This reminded us of Michael Rogers eating popcorn covered in sand at the beach 20 something years ago. Michael's dad is a pediatrician & his mom is a nurse so I guess sand won't hurt Will. This kid cracks me up!


2 thoughts:

Rachel said...

Oh that makes me cringe every time he takes a drink! Ack! Glad you guys are having a good time! :)

Unknown said...

Love all the pics--yes the FL water sure looks prettier than ours.
I think we will just wade in the wade pools (stupid muddy MS river!)My FAV pic is of you and Will building a sandcastle...such a glimpse of a dream come true playing together with your long-awaited son. I know you don't take any precious moments like that for granted.
So happy for you to experience it all with such a precious boy.
love yall--come see us soon :)
we'll be ready!
ejw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...