2.12.2010

Boys Will Be Boys!

R has been working like a DOG for this entire year. Actually, it began before 2009 even ended. Recently, it has been difficult as Will was really pushing me on some behavior issues & I needed Daddy to reinforce. Plus, my nausea that hits at night wasn't helping the situation too much!

You know that Daddy is working really hard when you hear the following comments from your two year old:

Upon a warning by me after misbehaving that I would need to get Daddy: "No, Mommy, he's at the office."
Looking at our living room window at night, you can actually see downtown & R's building - Will often looks out for Daddy's office at night.

A friend of mine taught her children that Daddy works so hard because he loves them. I've tried to teaching this to Will but he elaborates it a little with: "Daddy works so hard because he loves me, & Mommy, & Ruby (the dog), & Bella (the cat.)" R has assured him that working until midnight or even 2am has nothing to do with our dog or cat.

We are taking a Dave Ramsey class on Monday nights so I know that I'm guaranteed to see my husband on Monday nights for two hours. Unfortunately, he doesn't see Will during that time nor is it really quality time for us to catch up. Last time, R came to class late so Will was surprised when he went with me to pick him up from his little nursery class. We had separate cars since we arrived separately & on the way home, Will informed me, "Daddy is going back to his office now to work, Mommy."

Sometimes over the last 6 weeks, R has come home briefly for a quick dinner before heading back up to the office until midnight or so. Last week, however, he wasn't able to do that & I think Will went several days without seeing him at all.

So, Tuesday of this week, R finally had met his second big deadline he had been working so hard for & came home at a much more reasonable hour. All week, in fact, he has been able to come home by 7! Will has been so HAPPY to see his Daddy & has planned lots of "wrestlemania" games to play with him. I videoed them the other night - love watching my boys be boys!

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...