2.19.2010

We LOVE the Olympics! In fact, every 4 years is about the only time my husband is guaranteed to have me watch a sporting event with him.
Will is loving the winter olympics as well & has had some funny things to say... such as:

"Mommy, is that my kid?" (He always refers to the competing American athlete as his kid - don't know why - but then he yells for "My Kid!")

When someone falls while skiing or skating or snowboarding, he expresses great sympathy - "Oh no, he fell! Is he ok?"

On Valentines, we treated ourselves to dinner in front of the Olympics (romantic, I know.) Will was hilarious yelling, "Go USA" - you can see a brief clip above. My favorite, however, was while the French Candadian figure skating couple was performing, Will pointed to the beautiful, petite, skinny, blonde French Candadian skater, Annabelle, & said,
"Mommy, is that you?" Yes, baby - that's me.

Of course, he did ask his daddy if he was the soloist skater with long, Fabioesque hair & sheer black tight shirt. Daddy was not as pleased with his comparison as I was with mine.

I like watching the Olympics with Will because we can really discuss all kinds of important details that R just doesn't seem to notice or care about. For instance, Will & I often sit on the couch & discuss the color choices of the various performers, the music, how fast they are going, whether their mommies and daddies are in the crowd, etc.

By the way, does anyone else sob their way through the P & G commerical every single time it comes on? Yeah, me neither.

1 thoughts:

K. Willeby said...

Mom and I sob through it as well! Your not alone..... Will can come watch the Olympics with us any day! We watch HOURS daily...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...