2.09.2010

Willisms: the Baby Edition

As soon as we learned we were pregnant (the day of Will's surgery just before Christmas, in fact), we told Will. He was thrilled & has cracked us up ever since with some funny comments. He often talks to my tummy & has even come running with a book to read the baby a story. He also kisses my tummy & sings some of his favorite songs to the baby. If this babe sings "Old MacDonald" at an early age, we'll know why!

Here's a few of our favorite Willisms regarding the baby:


  • Will is adamant that it is a baby girl in my tummy. One time, I was finally able to get him to concede that it could be a boy, & he informed me his name should be "George." But, then he went right back to insisting it is a girl. He has named her "Caroline Ellie Ellie Grace." (No idea why he uses two "Ellies" but it's precious.) Fyi - if it is a girl, I think we may name her Ellie Grace. If it's a boy - don't know!!! I'm open to suggestions but I love traditional, English names (and border on having all my kids sound like the English royal family!) I also love names I can shorten for a nickname - ie: William to Will

  • At one point, for the first few weeks, he called the baby "Donut." He's never had a donut and at that point in time, we knew he had no naming privlieges. (He still doesn't but at least he uses people names now!)

  • Speaking of gender, one day he announced out of nowhere- "boys have p.... (can I write that word on the internet!?!? Think male anatomy correct term!) "Baseball players have p... too. Girls have bottoms." Yep, Will, girls have bottoms. :)

  • Yesterday, on the way to his friend's house to spend the morning while I spent my morning in an ultrasound, I informed him that Dr. D was going to look at the baby in my tummy. He said, "Oh, Mommy, is Dr. D going to wear his blue gloves & put the stick in your tummy to look at the baby?" I said yes & informed him that he was done with attending early trimester ultrasounds- he has to wait until the ultrasound is done on top of my tummy! (fyi - he has always stood at my head so he doesn't know the details but wow- how observant!)

  • Also, despite the fact that he has lots of his own doctors, Will loves to play pretend dr & almost always pretends he is my doctor - Dr. D! Fortunately, he sticks to checking ears & eyes & hearts! I informed my ob last week that he may have a two year old intern! If Will goes into ob-gyn someday, we'll know where it all began!!!

  • "Girls and mommies have babies in their tummies but boys have belly buttons."

  • I take supplemental hormones and recently on our way to the pharmacy to pick up a refill, I told Will we needed to go pick up medicine for the baby. Will got a sad face and said, "Oh, baby, are you crying? It's okay, baby. You need to choose happy or go to your room!"

1 thoughts:

K. Willeby said...

From the mouth's of babes. I absolutely love reading about Will. What an amazing big brother he is going to be - to Ellie Grace or a future boy. I am so happy for you, Reagan and Mr. Will. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...