3.11.2010

Pleurisy Anyone???

I seem to have pluerisy. I'm on day 7. It's extremely painful - on my right side under my ribcage & wrapping around under my arm to my upper back. I've seen 2 doctors. They ruled out shingles & pneumonia. My ob thought it might be my gallbladder when he pushed on it & I about exploded off the table. I was in tears for an hour afterwards the pain was so intense - the kind of intense like a labor contraction when one finally decided maybe they should consider that epidural after all. Very painful & with no baby at the end. He did an ultrasound though & no gallstones or kidney stones. So that leaves pluerisy. It's an inflammation in the lining of the lung. It has nothing to do with being pregnant but being pregnant limits what I can do for relief. Today is the first day where I don't have constant pain. Now, it only stabs me with pain when I breathe in deeply or laugh or sneeze or cough. It used to be all the time but worse during those things. It's worse at night & first thing in the morning.
Anyone else have experience with this? How long will it last?!?!?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I've had that a couple of times, and it does hurt so bad! I'm so sorry you are having to go through it. I've never had it last as long as you have though. I only remember it being a couple or 3 days and then it kind of went away on its own. Hope it continues to get better and is gone SOON!

Scott & Shelby Peschel said...

so sorry - hope you are on the mends soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...