4.19.2010

Great News for Baby Ellie!!!

I just heard from the genetic counselor and some of our results are in from Friday's test:
Precious Ellie Grace does not have:
trisomy 13 (fatal)
trisomy 18 (fatal)
trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome - not fatal)

Also, it has confirmed that she is most definitely a girl!!!

I am so thankful to have ruled out trisomy 18 especially - this is one that had appeared to be a strong possibility!

We don't know yet on the other 20 chromosomes. We also don't know yet about disesases- these results won't come in for about 4-5 business days. The counselor celebrated with me but also reminded me that we are not out of the woods for fatal or quality of life issues. There are still some very serious possibilities.

For today, though, Ellie Grace & I are celebrating. I am feeling more confident that I can believe I will hold her in my arms - at least for awhile. I am so thankful for some good news today.
We still beg you for your prayers for her life- as I said, we are not "out of the woods" yet. But we are praising God that trisomies 13 & 18 are out of our woods!

7 thoughts:

Unknown said...

PTL!! I'm rejoicing with you today!! :)

Shannon said...

Katie, this is Laura K's friend Shannon. I am rejoicing with you today for the good news! I have been following your blog and praying for your family. And I LOVE the name Ellie Grace. Ellie was one of our top names for our Lucy Grace!

Honeyman 4 said...

Step by step He is with us! How awesome.

Anonymous said...

So glad you got some good news yesterday! Still praying for you all...

kelly said...

so happy for you & sweet baby!
i think of you often & continue to keep you in my heart :)

Meg said...

praisin' the Lord for your family of 4 today!

Starla said...

Such wonderful news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...