5.11.2010

Making Room(s)

May 1, 2010

My Sweet Ellie Grace,

Your Lovie & I painted your room today! You will love it - it has pink and green stripes with black and white accents. Our verse for both you and Will is over your crib: "I praise You, Lord, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." It's from Psalm 139.
Soon, the handmade butterflies and crystal butterfly mobile will arrive. I don't know why but several weeks ago I kept seeing precious white butterflies and my heart just knew they would be perfect for your room. Several months ago, I came across a quote by Joni Erickson Tada in which she notes that what the world sees as a caterpillar, God calls a butterfly.
You, my Ellie girl, are my butterfly.
I know you will love your room. I long to nurse you in the rocker, to sing, to cuddle, and change your diapers. I want to place you in your crib night after night. I want to sleep with your soft breaths in the monitor by my head. I want to hear you cry for me at night and I long to be able to comfort and sustain and soothe you. I want to wake you up in the morning and watch you smile as a new day together begins.
You'll love your room, Ells. I'm loving dreaming about you in it and creating it for you. Please come home to me.

Love,
Mommy

Her first monogrammed blanket- LOVE it!
And loving the butterfly painted canvas I found at a consignment store!



Drybrushing pink with my mom
It's hard to believe it was ever a little boy's room!
Meanwhile...
someone needed a big boy room!
Will was oh so helpful as we worked on his room.
I can only imagine how long it would have taken without his assistance hammering and painting!
I promise he does own shorts. It's just easier sometimes to leave him in his underwear!
He LOVES his big boy room but I'm waiting to post pictures until it is finished! It's baseball themed!

With a possible early delivery of Ellie as early as June 6, I'm doing some major multitasking. First on my list was to get Will into a new room & transitioned to his big boy bed. Then, I felt like it was important to my heart to make a room for Ellie. I'm so thankful my mom is such a workhorse- bless her heart! She loves her grandchildren & really worked hard doing two rooms at once... while making dinners, running errands, taking care of Will & me!

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room for your little Ellie!

The Smiths said...

Katie, I love Ellie's room! It looks super cute! I want to see pics of Will's too when you finish it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...