5.25.2010

A Mommy Date with Will & Ellie

Will, Mommy, & Ellie at the movies

Will & Elena below:

Recently, I asked Will out on a date with me. During my pregnancy with him, when I was meeting with a friend of mine who has a son diagnosed with Downs Syndrome, she confessed that having a boy is like having a crush with you - all the time. She is so right! I had a crush on Will the moment I laid eyes on him & it's just as strong as ever!
I love this time of life when he wants to go on dates with me! I realize it won't last forever! (Sniff sniff.)
For our recent date, a friend & I loaded up our kids in the car, put on some music for them, & headed to a nearby town to the movie theater.
We saw the Disney movie, Oceans. We were the only people in the entire theater - which was good as our children pretty much narrated the entire thing. Will loved the popcorn & cuddled in my lap for most of the movie. He still talks about the dolphins spinning in the air & the huge whales. (Jonah & the Big Fish is his current favorite Bible story so the movie has done good things for his imagination as it relates to that! :)) He also now has daily sword fights with pretend sharks.
I loved observing his tender heart as most of the baby sea turtles were eaten by seagulls - (only 1 in 1000 makes it to the ocean alive after birth!) He cried & felt terrible for those babies - so sweet that precious heart of his.
What a fun way to spend an evening!

1 thoughts:

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

So fun! I was thinking about taking him. May have to scope this out soon...if not Toy Story 3 will be our first theater movie on June 18 :)
Love ya'll!
ejw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...