6.08.2010

Florida Fun 2010

Will can entertain himself for a loooong time on an airplane with hide & seek. He giggles uncontrollably as we "look" everywhere for our lost little boy. He also shakes his head "no" under the blanket as we look in all the wrong places. Cracks us up.
He is also such a great flier because at nap time, he tells us he is tired & curls up in a ball on his seat & is out! The couple in front of us turned around in astonishment upon hearing a two year old say, "I need a rest time, please!" At the end of the flight, as Will was waking up, they told us that was going to be their new motto! As much as we fly, I am so thankful he is a great flier!

I almost entitled this post "beach bums" but it just feels wrong. "Bums" implies that we laid around doing nothing. We had 2 days & a two year old - active is an understatement!
And we had a blast!

I just love this smiling face!
Like his mama, this kid loves the sun & water!

Will kept a lookout for sharks, whales, dolphins, & mommies with cameras
He was a little confused by the idea that he could tee-tee in the ocean... so public urination it was on the beach.
oh well - it was all salt water anyway!
My goodness, those tan lines are cute! (And yes, I'm biased- I just know that in a year or two, this won't be cute but gross - it feels less inappropriate when the kid is 2 & recently potty trained!)
Will enjoyed lots of grandparent time reading & cuddling

And I got some precious cuddle time on the beach
Nothing better than a warm little boy to cuddle with in the sun!

My parents' puppy, Maggie, also scored some night time cuddles

Will loves swimming in the ocean! He especially loved swimming through the waves!

If you can't eat pickles in a swimsuit on a beach when you're pregnant, when can you?

Will, who is not a fan of "cold stuff" like popsicles & ice cream, loves a dill pickle. Crazy kid!

There was lots of beach digging & some attempts with a net to catch fish - we were unsuccessful. Will did, however, discover that he enjoys eating grouper. So glad he loves seafood like his mom & dad. (Of course, I was on a limited seafood diet due to being ... due.) Yum!

Floating
No one was safe from the boy with the water gun...

not even his Lovie!
Will discovered what fun it is to have Daddy throw him super high in the ocean. He was convinced he was flying like Peter Pan & would sing, "We can fly!" as he was thrown sky high.
At one point, he began to lose his swimsuit & Daddy had no idea. We were laughing a lot from the beach!



After each throw, Will would exclaim, "Let's do it again!"

preparing for takeoff
Happy flying, ocean loving, little boy!
Cheers!
(Can I tell you how much I craved my husband's margarita??? My virgin pina colada just wasn't hitting the spot. Oh well - I am very thankful to not be able to drink one this summer!)
More flying
Essentially, Will became a human ball.
He also enjoyed being tossed between Cookie & Lovie
It's a bird, it's a plane... it's Super Will!
My mom, Will, & I at one of our favorite seafood spots on the beach
My silly boys
Just before leaving the beach, R decided to head down one more time for a quick 20 minute skimboard session. One might note that typically, this is a teenager/young child sport. R is over 30 (as I frequently remind him.)
I am glad that he enjoys playing, however.
I just wish that this summer, of all times, wasn't when he would get hurt.
He had an mri - it might be a torn meniscus - we'll see.
My mom caught the great fall on film:
You're never too old to play (although your bones & joints might disagree.)
Ever since I was a little girl, we've gone crab hunting in Florida. Now, it's become a tradition with Will. He loves it. I was actually quite good this trip & caught quite a few myself!
Will liked holding the net & flashlight & checking out what other little hunters had caught.

The end.
That sums up our super fast, super fun beach trip of 2010.

8 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Too much fun!

Unknown said...

love it all...thanks for taking us all with you to catch a glimpse of your trip. glad you all could go--Daddy included! Bummer about his knee.
love, ejw

Jo Anna said...

Have i told you how much i love those little guayaberas Will wears? Love them!

Laura said...

I love love the close up pics of Will being thrown. You've got to frame some of those pics in ur house! Glad to see you guys had such a good time (minus the knee incident...no fun!). Love u!!

Natalie said...

Looks like you had a well needed fun trip and got to spend precious time with your sweet babies! Praying you have a good week at the doctors!

Julia said...

what a fun trip!!! :)

~Stevie~ said...

Jayce & Jak cannot stop giggling at the pics of Will being thrown up b/c his booty is hanging out! They are amazed at his swimming, btw. I love how they don't limit Will b/c of his differences. In my mind, I was thinking they were so impressed b/c of that. No way! He's the best TWO YEAR old swimmer in the world! Your fam has taught us so much & given my children different eyes. I love that! We love you guys. Sorry about R's knee. OUCH!

Crystal said...

You know every time I check in on you all, I am just in awe of the light and love you project in times of a trail! What a great family and you all radiate the spirit of Christ!! Praying for you all and Elli is blessed to be comming to such a beauitful family!

Crystal Lapp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...