7.26.2010

Party for Ellie!



Recently, some friends (16!!!) decided to throw Ellie and I a baby shower. They pulled their creative geniuses together and created a beautiful party. Bless their hearts - sweet Ellie has given us so many scares about coming early that it must have been a difficult shower to plan. She isn't exactly the most predictable shower honoree!
They thought of so many details. Everything was absolutely perfect and I felt so loved.

The invitations were incredible! Some of my friends handmade them (& should sell them on Etsy!!!) They were absolutely beautiful but I forgot to take a picture of the other side - which is glued down in Ellie's book. I'll find one later after Will wakes up to post a picture of. They are beautiful and I love the Maya Angelou quote they found. Perfect!

Some of the hostesses
(there were 16 total - have I mentioned how loved I felt?!?)
bumping bellies



monogrammed pink does something to me
precious pink clothes... ruffles, bows, accessories - oh my goodness
the smocking... love it
lots of friends


Ellie's grandmothers...
I think they are enjoying all the pink too!


Ellie will be one well dressed little baby!
This precious baby girl has been so covered in prayer. Is there anything more incredible than knowing your child is being prayed for? My tears were definitely flowing - I am so thankful to be surrounded by women who pray for my baby.




Ellie's gifts lined the hallway & the coffee table!
A friend painted her verse on this beautiful canvas
One of the hostesses made this beautiful cake... it was delicious
Everything was absolutely beautiful! They served with china and crystal. It was so delicate and feminine. Just perfect!
The food was delicious & beautiful!
My friends are some wonderful cooks and they really went all out for Ell's party. Yum! It was just delicious and I can't even tell you how beautiful it was. Little cheese puff pastries, corn/pineapple/mango salsa, bruschetta, green bean bundles wrapped in bacon and roasted, vegetables and dips, colorful fruit, yummy apple cinnamon creations, tarts, a carved watermelon, I could just go on and on. In fact, I'm hungry just thinking about it all. I'm thankful to have such talented cooks for friends!
They served one of my favorite drinks - raspberry lemonade- with fresh mint sprigs & fresh raspberries in champagne glasses.
Oh, it was just gorgeous.
I'm surprised Southern Living didn't show up for a tasting!
So many details... everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect!
Thank you, dear friends, for celebrating Ellie's life with me. Thank you for throwing her an incredible first party! Thank you for the oh so beautiful gowns, onesies, hairbows, dresses, the room decorations and hospital decorations, the so necessary practical items like diapers, sound machines, bottles, and the oh so fun sunglasses, purse, etc! We are so blessed! Thank you for making me laugh, praying me through my tears and fears, and investing in our daughter.
Thank you for loving her and walking beside me.
Thank you for honoring us both with such a beautiful baby shower and for creating such a wonderful memory for me of this pregnancy.

I packed up Ellie yesterday after washing her teeny tiny dresses in Dreft. Oh, how I love that smell! As we anticipate being out of town with Ellie for her treatments for at least 8-12 weeks, I packed a hospital bag, a 56 qt crate, and a blanket bag. She is ready!
(The girl even has her own collection of hair accessories and jewelry- all packed in her own accessory bag! Too fun!!!)
It feels so good to dream about her! This may sound really silly unless you've ever been the mommy of a baby who is medically fragile but there is something about being able to change and dress my baby that feels like I am taking care of her. I recognize that there will likely be several issues for Ellie that I can not "fix" or take care of for her. I can hold her when she is in pain and crying (I hope) but I might not be able to change her health circumstances.
I can, however, hold her, kiss her all over, comb her long hair, and dress her in beautiful clothes. Therefore, the girl has several bags packed as I intend to "take care of her" to the best of my ability.
I've also packed a box of "Ellie's hospital decorations" for her NICU crib and hospital room. I want her name known & I will create a space for my daughter - full of pink!

3 thoughts:

Julia said...

Wow! I'm crying as I witness the outpouring of love displayed for your precious baby. As we sit home, longing to go back to the Ukraine to get our boy who shares the same struggles are your sweet Ellie, I grieve that no one threw him a party or celebrated his life. She is loved and cherished even before she breathes her first breath! My deepest prayers are with you over the coming weeks. When we were in the Ukraine and cut off from the outside world for a number of days, I was whispering prayers for you. We rejoiced when we read that you were doing well. Sitting in an internet cafe in a Ukrainian village I was punching my fist in the air and Praising God that you and Ellie were safe. Storming heaven for a safe arrival!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful shower!!! Wow! I love that you're packing NICU decorations. We saw some pretty elaborate ones. One baby even had a custom made isolette cover that was just gorgeous. Praying for you!

The Smiths said...

It was such a fun party Katie! We had a blast getting to love on you and Ellie Grace! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...