7.20.2010

Tale from the Aisle - the Pig Leg

At the grocery store recently, Will kicked off his prosthetic leg leaving only the liner. I've been known to sometimes not notice a missing leg & have to backtrack in the store searching for a $12,000 leg. Thankfully, I heard it hit the floor & attempted to put it back on.
Captain Hook informed me he needed his leg off so that he could have a "pig leg." (He meant "peg leg" but kept pronouncing it "pig.")
So, the rest of our shopping trip was spent with Will in pirate mode - greeting everyone with his pirate voice & pirate vocabulary... and showing off his "pig leg." He informed me he "lost his leg when a crocodile ate it."
Oh, the creativity.
At least we can laugh at life!
Sometimes, we get stares and rude comments at the store...this time, we brought the extra attention on ourselves! :)

2 thoughts:

Rachel said...

That is hysterical!! I love that he's wearing a pirate shirt too!

Moldenhauer's said...

Not everyone can play pirate with a "pig leg' I love this kid, it gives me a new outlook on life some days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...