8.23.2010

ortho day

This morning, we will meet with Ellie's orthopedist and therapy team. I am very anxious and have a list a mile long of questions.
We will determine her treatment plan and may begin as soon as this afternoon.

thank you for covering us in your prayers today - I imagine it will be an emotional, difficult day as we determine what surgeries Ellie may need and what treatment is best for her.

I dread the idea of altering her body from how it is now. I literally am giving myself pep talks constantly that it may be the best thing for her for independence later. I dread causing her pain. I dread covering her in casts. I dread forcing her do therapies. I dread more time away from Will. I dread losing this precious time of infancy to doctor days.

I dread the what ifs that have not been able to be answered by other doctors regarding whether or not she will survive past one year.

I long to be able to comfort her and fear I won't always be able to.

We had a little talk today, my Ellie girl and I. Actually, she slept in my arms but I cried and told her I was her number one supporter - that I would be beside her always and that we would get through this together.

I covet your prayers to enable me to be strong for her.

4 thoughts:

kelly said...

sweet katie - thinking of you & praying for you & the amazing ellie g :) i know it must be so tough to be running around from appt to appt trying to comfort miss ells & recover yourself, not to mention nursing in public! bless you, mommy!!! you are #1 in ellie's book - i KNOW just having her mommy hold her (even while crying) is the GREATEST treasure she could have. you are AMAZING!!! & you have given cutie pie will the gift of a sister! what a beautiful gift :)
love, love, love to all 4 of you! so glad you have so many people surrounding you in love. you have lots of people thinking of you & sending love, too :)
kelly

Sallie said...

We haven't ever met, but I heard of your beautiful blog and I love it. I want you to know that there are moms out there that you have never even met, that you have no idea exist, that are praying long and hard for your beautiful Ellie. May you find some peace in knowing that Ellie is precious to so many of us out there and we will all continue to think of her and pray for her as well as your family.

Becky P. said...

Katie, I haven't been able to post in awhile, could not remember my password! I just wanted to tell you that I read your blog daily (and always check for any updates throughout the day) Ellie is just beautiful, and I will certainly keep you in constant prayer. I am friends of Reagan's parent's, and we have met, but it's been a long time. Please know I'm praying for ALL of you!!!

Jen Haney said...

Katie,

I have been keeping up with your blog and I have been praying for Ellie the past 9 months. :) Your blog is always an encouragement to me. You are so honest and real and I love that. We are going on over a year and a half of infertility and your blog really has encouraged me to never give up and to trust God no matter what. :) Thanks for sharing and being yourself. Ellie is precious. I am praying for you here in Dallas. :)

Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...