11.17.2010

favorites

Here's a few of my favorite things...

  • Will's warm, vinegary breath when he wakes up from sleeping.  Oh, it's just the best smell.  I don't care if it is weird that my little boy knows to open up & let his mama get a good whiff.  I just love that warm breath.  
  • Ellie's cool, milky breath - at all times of day and night.  It's just so pure and precious.
  • soft skin on both my babies
  • baby bottoms.  Love them
  • the fact that Will will still let me hold him.
  • Will's curls.  What can I say?  I love love love them.  I fear them disappearing.  I love playing with them.
  • Ellie's sparkly blue eyes.  Sometimes she seems to know so much - her eyes just seem so far ahead of her age - old soul eyes.  
  • Will's back and arm muscles.  Girls are going to have to watch out 68 years from now when we allow him to date.
  • Laughter- Will's contagious roaring laughter and Ellie's sweet little giggles
  • Smiles  -full blown, full face smiles.  Love them
  • cuddling.  I love how my boy of three still fits so good on my lap.  I love how warm he is and how good he feels to cuddle with.  I love how Ellie and I have figured out ways around casts and splints and joint tightness to still cuddle together.  The girl loves a good snuggle.  So does her mommy.
  • How warm Ellie is on me as I feed her.
  • Ellie's teasing looks she gives me sometimes.  Like she knows a funny secret but isn't willing to let me in on yet... but wants me to know she knows.
  • The hilarious things Will says.  He can make me laugh like no other.
  • How deep and profound Will can be.  He makes me think like no other.
  • The fact that Will thinks I am pretty.
  • watching how creative Will can be
  • watching Will run
  • seeing Ellie wiggle and work so hard to accomplish a goal  - and doing it!
  • holding hands with Will and Ellie
  • rocking
  • Hearing "I love you, Mommy."
  • feeling like a real family at last

2 thoughts:

Janai Rogers said...

love this post! It made me want to go snuggle with my babies! Why will they not stay like this forever!

marc and trisha said...

This is such a sweet post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...