11.04.2010

sip and see

Recently, my mom (Lovie) & one of her best friends (Jane) threw a fabulous sip & see celebration for Ellie.  
I loved getting to introduce Ellie to so many women who have faithfully prayed for her and encouraged me.  
Ellie loved the adoration too.


As I undressed Ellie after the party, I reflected back on when my mom gave me this dress.  It was the day we opened the envelope to discover Ellie was in fact an Ellie girl.  
It was the day after a very difficult week of testing and preliminary diagnoses in early April.  It was after hearing doctors tell us statistics and that Ellie might not survive.
My mom bought the dress and wondered if it might not possibly serve as a burial gown.
It was packed in my hospital bag at the very top.  When I packed Ellie's bag, I packed things in order of importance to put on Ellie in case she couldn't live very long at birth.  There were certain things I wanted to dress her in and have pictures of her in  - an antique dress made by her great-great grandmother & worn by four generations in our family, sweet blankets, and this dress were among the top layer.
I undressed my sweet Ellie after her party and cried tears of gratitude.
I am so thankful she wore the dress for a celebration!





Have I mentioned how much I love love love pink?  And silk?  And soft fabrics?  And teeny tiny, itsy bitsy sequined hair clips?

There was lots of pink at this party!

And monogrammed petit fours!  Loved them

and monogrammed napkins - so pretty!
and a whimsical butterfly to greet guests at the front door
Lots of baby silver (rattles, cups, etc) served as decoration
Ellie was quite happy as the guest of honor

My cousin, Cassidy, & Aunt Carolea (GAC to my kids- "Great Aunt Carolea") came in for the party and to meet Ellie from MO!
Jane & Ellie
Thank you, Jane, for loving me & my babies.  Thank you for a perfect party!

Lovie, Ellie, & Jane
I'm pretty sure my mom was on cloud nine showing off her first granddaughter to so many of her friends!

The pretty table

Ellie knows that every woman needs her beauty sleep








Ellie with her Great Aunt Carolea & second cousin Cassidy (or first cousin, once removed???)


Sweet Julia & Ellie


Jennifer, one of my best friends since we were 2, & her son "Baby Drew" who is not so much a baby anymore came to party with Ellie & I


Big Brother Will made an appearance at the very end of the party.
Excuse me one moment while I pause to admire his curls.  How I pray he never loses them! 

I am so thankful for the opportunity to celebrate Ellie.  I am thankful she could attend her party - is not attached to wires and tubes in a hospital and is alive!
Thank you, Jane & Mom, for a lovely celebration!

(And also for the opportunity to take a shower, dry my hair, put on make up, and get dressed up ... all in one day!!! :)



2 thoughts:

Unknown said...

Funny, I have been overwhelmed the past few days with gratitude for Isabella. I am pretty certain that not a day goes by that I don't remember what a miracle baby she is. I cherish each and every little accomplishment all the more because the chances of having her were so slim.
I am so very thankful for your Ellie girl, too.
God is so very good.
I raise my voice and heart in praise with you, my friend.

kelly said...

sweetest pictures, k! i was looking @ these pics & thinking about how sip & see's are kinda like initiation parties into being a girl/woman! it's so cute to see all the beautiful women of all ages ooing & awing over miss ellie in those pics! welcome to the girl club, ellie!!! we're so happy to have you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...