12.14.2010

Willisms & Ellieisms too

A few recent Willisms...
mostly from today because my brain is too tired to remember previous days
after preschool today, "Mommy, can I take my zancos and pants  off now?  Because this is not public, Mom."  
(As in - the other day, my child removed his pants in Chick Fil A & ran... he's never done that before.  He was wearing Nemo underwear in case you weren't one of the million people there.  A part of me was thrilled that he could take off his pants all by himself - we've worked on that in therapy.  I hid this excitement from him.  I was shocked.  I was mortified.  R wanted to know how it happened.  It was fast. There had not previously been a family rule about not removing clothes in public.  I didn't know it was a potential issue.  We have a rule now.)
"Mommy, God helped me not tee-tee in bed last night!"
(He prayed last night that God would help with this and was so excited this morning.  I feel like God is smiling.)
At dinner tonight, I was shocked as Will cleaned his plate without urging from me.  He eats a variety of foods but doesn't eat much of anything (except fruit) so often our battle is just about getting him to eat at all.  Not so tonight.
I asked him what the difference was.  He informed me that if I would cook "fancy" then he would eat it all without arguing.  Great.  So, if I just serve roasted asparagus, salmon with toasted pine nuts (yum! - pine nuts were a Christmas splurge for myself today), baked sweet potatoes, and pomegranate juice, then I can have a carefree dinner.  Seriously, is he 3?
And tonight at bedtime, my favorite, 
"Good night, Ellie, I love you.  I'm going to bed."
And he kissed his princess:
I suppose I should start Ellieisms soon too.  Her personality is really starting to show through!
She plays peek a boo - hiding her face & then popping her head up with a big smile.
She thinks it's hilarious to spit out her pacifier and smile.
When she is one on one, she talks and squeals like no other.  In big crowds, she's a little more quiet than her big brother ever was.  Her voice is super high pitched.  Oh, those squeals!  Will had a deep, masculine baby voice.  Not Ellie.  She is all girl.
She still loves Buzz Lightyear.  At mom's group, she was fussing while I was doing her taping the other day so a friend held a Toy Story dvd case up in her face and she was mesmerized.  I think it's a crush.

Sweet babes - I love spending my days with them.

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...