9.01.2011



Today we will celebrate the life of my Grandma.  She went to Heaven last weekend- on her 34th wedding anniversary to my Grandpa.
(My dad lost his mom, Eleanor (whom Ellie is named for), when he was in college.  Lois married his dad and while she is my dad's stepmother, I never knew his mom so she was the only grandma on that side I ever knew.)
I have fond memories of her standing on the side of their pool, "singing" while my brother & I pushed her and Grandpa in.  We did this over and over and over again.  I will also always remember her "swim cap" and Thanksgiving dinners at their home or their club.

I am so thankful that my children know so many of their great-grandparents - we have been blessed for Will & Ellie to know 6 of their greats!  

She will be missed.

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...