6.17.2013

More Fun at the Beach!


One of our flights was during nap time - which worked out lovely for me.  Ellie slept in my arms & Will read for awhile before closing his eyes and resting quietly (briefly.)  Ahhh - yahoo for book for mommy!
I figure flying during naptime could go either way - so thankful when it works out.

Ellie practicing walking on sand - it's tricky!  So proud of her for learning how to do it!

My children are obviously quite smart.  Or manipulative.  Or clearly lovers of literature.
Their Cookie & Lovie will argue over who gets to read bedtime stories... and peace loving children that I have, Will & Ellie are happy to allow both grandparents to read them stories.
(& they get to stay up a bit later but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it!)

Actually, I'm thankful - both kids really do love story time & both grandparents are good story readers!

Naturally Lovie brings all ocean themed books to the beach.  She does love a theme.

Will got lots of good rough housing in with his Cookie.  Cookie uses some of his same moves on Will that he used to use on my brother & I.

Floating with my boy out at sea
(& I believe I was threatening to tip him over)

It's a shame that my children are never photographed/videoed.  
Oh wait...




Cookie & Lovie brought their bikes to FL this year.  They also brought a bike trailer for the kids.
Of course.


It was actually a lot of fun to ride bikes around.  One evening, we headed to the state park with a take out dinner for a sunset picnic

It was so much fun.  Except that it was really dark on the way home so Cookie & I rode bikes & Lovie drove the kids in the car because I didn't want them in the bike trailer without tailights.

Climbing jetties at sunset


 Possibly a posed, bribed picture

Though not wearing a swimsuit, he simply couldn't help himself.  
I don't blame him.
There were dolphins swimming not far from us and he was determined to get out there with them.

I'm pretty sure Ellie is trying to steal Cookie's dinner.  

Sunset.


This kid runs fast.  And all the time.


So our typical beach day looks like this:
wake up too early (thank you early rising FL sun)
linger over breakfast outside on the balcony
get ready for sun
cart toys & towels & food to beach
set up camp for the day
play/dig/swim in the ocean/read a few chapters of a book/play some more/dig more/run around/snack/swim/play more/lunch/dig/swim
Head up for a 20 minute pool swim & naps!
Mommy back to the beach to read and sleep on beach while kids nap
Dinner & play some more.
Repeat.
Glorious.

Seriously - some towels, swimsuits, food, and a couple of shovels & buckets and the ocean can keep my kids busy for hours.
I read three books in less than a week.
(plus a chapter book with Will.)
It's a good, good life.


One afternoon, we left the beach to bike to a favorite restaurant for lunch.
Look how tired Ellie's eyes are - but she can't help but eat yummy seafood


Other diners loved Will's sword stuck thru his swimsuit.  


 So fun  - definitely the coolest way to travel the beach!

Love this picture
Mee Maw & Pops just chillin on the beach

 Ahhhh - relaxing with one of Lovie's back rubs.



 Thanks, Cookie & Lovie, for a fun week at the beach!!

more to come... 
(Of course.)



4 thoughts:

Sharon C said...

Your blog just makes me happy! I've shed tears over so many of your entries, both sad and happy ones...but I always look forward to seeing your children's accomplishments, your loving family together, your praise for Him and all that he's blessed you with. Thank you! So happy my sweet friend, GAC directed me to your site!

Sharon C said...

Your blog just makes me happy! I've shed tears over so many of your entries, both sad and happy ones...but I always look forward to seeing your children's accomplishments, your loving family together, your praise for Him and all that he's blessed you with. Thank you! So happy my sweet friend, GAC directed me to your site!

Christie M said...

Beautiful pictures! And a picture of wonderful love. :)

Annette Honeycutt said...

Your parents just make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...