- I had to renew my teaching certificate by July 31. To do that, I had to log 150 hours of continued ed hours online. Therefore every time over most of the summer that I had a few minutes, I was turning on the computer to watch yet another brutally boring class that had little to nothing to do with my particular subject field. But I got those hours. Whew. After all of that, the last thing I wanted to do was sit at my computer some more.
- Birthday Month! In the next two weeks, I have a mermaid birthday party, a first day of school at a big, new school, & a spy birthday party. My brain is fuzzy. I'm hoping I don't end up with spies wearing mermaid tails. My house is exploding in mermaid fins, seashells, crafting supplies, spy gear, & school supplies.
- School! Will is about to start kindergarten at a big, new school. I am an anxious wreck. I love summer and so not ready for school. I am not ready for a new school and new teachers and new kids who have questions about my kid. I'm stock piling supplies and have a ridiculous amount of scissors on my dining room table because we need to figure out which kind is easiest for him. In the meantime, we had a big meeting today (Will & I) with lots of teachers (I'll blog more later. Maybe. If I remember.) and a big parent meeting tonight and my mind is swimming. Plus, since we are dealing with unique issues (limb differences), Will & I wrote our annual children's book and I was under the school deadline to get that completed in time - again, another computer task which meant I didn't want to open the computer to blog in addition to book writing.
- Prosthetics. Will & I have made several trips this summer to Dallas to work on new prosthetics. Yesterday, we went for his final alignment... I was really praying all would go well and maybe I could get his new legs overnighted to us in time to start school. (His old (current) prosthetics don't fit and are quite painful.) Sadly, the new ones, although they aligned perfectly, aren't going to be a good fit for a variety of reasons so his prosthesist is going to create a totally new style of prosthetic. We're shooting for early-mid Sept now. Argh.
- SUMMER! I am a summer mom. I love it. I'll blog more later about why. Maybe. But, in the meantime, why blog when we could be swimming?! Or taking naps? Or reading? Or taking a last minute road trip to MO? Or swimming?! Or night swimming?
Hopefully, I'll blog soon about Ellie's birthday... If not, I'll be back soon. I promise. I don't scrapbook so I have to get back to it eventually as my only way to remember what happened when.
(My grandmother texted me worried I was quitting. So, no, Grams, not quitting. Just distracted.)