8.18.2009

We've just returned from a great trip to Seattle, WA & Victoria, Canada for a long weekend celebrating our friend Jennifer's 30th birthday. We had so much fun and are absolutely EXHAUSTED! Will had a great time playing at his Lovie & Cookie's house in Tyler.
I've got a billion pics from Victoria so I'll get to those maybe tomorrow... for now, enjoy Seattle!

On Friday, we took an "Underground" Tour of Seattle. Seattle was destroyed by a fire in 1889 (no one was killed) & when they rebuilt the city, they did it rather backwards. So, there is this whole underground city comprising about 30 blocks. It also happened to be a rather sleazy area by the 1920s during prohibition. It was a really interesting tour & we learned all sorts of cool facts about Seattle as well as the Gold Rush.
R fed the famous pig a penny at Pike Place Market

We spent a lot of time at Pike Place Market- watching the "flying fish" at this shop, buying chukar cherries (Jennifer loved them - I did not), & being amazed at the price of fresh flowers- so cheap!


Enjoying some outdoor entertainment at the market




Buying the famous chocolate covered Chukar Cherries

R & I at the market - notice that I am wearing a jacket & a scarf/pashmina- it was GLORIOUS in August to be able to wear a jacket!

Ready for a yummy seafood dinner

I just can't imagine this kind of love for my houseplants

Jennifer & I at the original Nordstroms- we looked around & then we saw a Nordstroms Rack which was much more exciting!

Lovely Ladies...Masquerading at the shops (Did you catch my Les Mes references?)

R & I in front of the original Starbucks. My pal, Jennifer, introduced me to chai lattes on this trip & I loved them. I don't drink coffee but fortunately, I didn't have to just pass up on the frequent Starbucks trips thanks to the chai latte thing. Seriously, if you love coffee- you should go to Seattle- Starbucks is on every single corner- & sometimes even in the middle of the block in case you can't make it to the corner. In the downtown area alone, there are 56!

On our first night in Seattle, we went to see the Yankees beat the Mariners 11-1. We had a blast & throughly enjoyed the baseball food!


The Boys at the game

The Girls (Don't tell Will I wore a NY Yankees hat!)

1 thoughts:

Jo Anna said...

YAY! you wore a Yankees cap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...