6.30.2010

Blue Treasures & Mercies

Apparently, God is a pirate.
This morning, I explained to Will that we were wearing blue for Ellie - it's wear blue day for one of her conditions.
He wanted to know what his shirt said on the back. It's a very soft, cool, blue shirt sent to him recently by some friends and has a verse from Deuteronomy on the back in which God explains that His people are chosen and dearly loved - "a treasured possession."
I wish I would have had the camera turned on as Will's eyes got big & he suddenly became so excited.
"Mommy, I am in God's treasure chest!!!"
And then he enacted what it must be like when God opens his treasure chest & says, "It's a Will!" And then, apparently, God's pirates capture him & take him sailing on their ship. And God says lots of "arrrgs!"
I can't help but believe that God & His pirates (angels???) are just cracking up in Heaven at Will's imagination and his interpretation of what it means to be God's "treasured possession." No wonder Jesus wanted the little kids to come to Him - they bring so much laughter and joy to Him.
I also know that I will never read that verse the same again - but I will imagine myself in God's treasure chest & how excited He must be to open it!
I have a feeling Will will never forget that verse either! Just precious.
I tried to capture the retelling of it on film at naptime a little while ago. Enjoy!
(And scroll way down the blog to hit pause on the music playlist.)

Earlier, on an errand, Will asked me "Mommy, what does 'God's mercies' mean?"
I responded that it means that God does things for us just because He loves us - not because He has to or because we deserve it.
To which Will immediately responded, "So, God cleans up our mess, Mommy?"
Yep, that's exactly right, Will.
He cleans up our messes.

Sometimes, the understanding of God of my two year old astounds me.

1 thoughts:

Sharon C said...

I think it's obvious that Will's understanding comes from being raised in God's light. With God's teachings and seeing his parents LIVE God's word. I don't know you Katie (directed here from Aunt Carolea), but it's easy to see where Will gets his lessons of Faith. You are one of the strongest women I "know" and I will continue to pray for you, your family, and Ellie. God Bless!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...