6.18.2010

Sing Over Me

Tonight, Will & I were listening to my new favorite song, Sing Over Me (Bethany Dillon & Nichole Nordeman) It's taken from Zepaniah 3:17 - a verse that just keeps coming up in this pregnancy & so I've claimed it for Ellie. It's already painted on her NICU sign to decorate her bed there!
And I began to imagine.
I thought about that verse and about Psalm 139.

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

For You created (Ellie's) inmost being, You are knitting her together in my womb. I praise You because she is fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14-15 (paraphrase mine)

I wondered as I rubbed my Ellie,
as my God knits her together in my womb, is He smiling? Does the Creator gently cradle her & stroke her? Maybe He takes a step back to admire His work, steps in to modify or adjust something, and then sits back to just soak it all in - the glory of His masterpiece. I imagine in creating a precious baby girl that He takes great delight.

A friend explained to me that knitting is a long process - it requires focus and deliberate action. One must be detail oriented while able to keep the big picture in mind. God is knitting Ellie - it takes him 9 months to build a baby - to put her together exactly the way He desires.
Zepaniah says He sings over us - does He hum while He works? I wonder what tunes He hums... is she sometimes dancing to the song of her Creator?

Is she learning already to worship?

Perhaps He gently strokes her cheeks, her soft skin. Does He look into her eyes as she flutters them open & softly whisper, I love you?

He is creating her inmost being. He is designing her personality and her spirit. Will she be social like her brother or perhaps more introverted? Will she laugh at life easily? Will she be laid back or assertive? She is made in His image... will she be kind, compassionate, sensitive towards others, full of grace and mercy? In what ways will she resemble her Maker?

I imagine He is already massaging her joints - her wrists and ankles. I picture Him gently rubbing her hands and feet and then leaning in to kiss them. Does He tell her how wonderful she is - He is forming her body. Even when the world doesn't recognize it, does He gently remind her that His works are wonderful?

When she is restless, He quiets her with His love - does He rock her? Perhaps He soothes her in sounds only her ears can hear.

Does she know how much she is loved by her Creator? I'm believing she does. I'm believing right now she is in an intimate relationship with her Abba Father as he gently, lovingly, takes His time making her perfect for me, until it becomes my job to love and rock and soothe and massage and whisper my own I love you's.

2 thoughts:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heartsong. (I saw her on TV the other morning...and the song "I Will Carry You" with the pictures of her daughter...so beautiful.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...