9.16.2010

Hospital for sick Ellie- updated

11 am update- spinal tap over- was difficult with Ellie's AMC & torticollis to get her in position and she was a "slow dripper" according to dr. She didn't eat great afterwards so I pumped ("old faithful," my beloved pump goes everywhere with me) & a very old chaplain walked in without knocking. I covered up and it took him a minute to get it. I was rather flustered. He said he would be back but I kind of doubt I'll see him again. Ellie is hooked up to lots of monitors but fever is back down (yahoooooooo!) and we are waiting to be moved to a room. Perk of breastfeeding- they bring me breakfast. Oh the joys
so tired & missing will who I didn't get to kiss goodbye. Hoping all will be fine with Ells. Anxious for R to get here so I can finally fall apart.


9 am update- I have been awake since 3 am. I am scared and tired. Ellie is more lethargic although fever has decreased some. Waiting for spinal tap. Iv is in. I am alone. Missing R & Hate doing this by myself (mom is with will.) r flies in at 1. This stinks. Google is not my friend.


7 am update- they are going to test blood, urine , & do a spinal tap. We are being admitted for 24-48 hours. :(


At the 3am feed today I noticed Ellie was feverish. I took her temp and it was over the "call the dr asap" point so I did. We were told to go to Children's hospital and pack our bags.
Am on my way there now.
Please pray that what she has is viral & that we will be released today. The dr said if it is not viral, they will run a series of tests & keep her for at least 48 hrs.
R flies in today.
Stupid me- I've been bragging and excited all week that this was our "easy week" with only three therapy appintments.
Please pray for our Ellie girl. We are forever grateful.

9 thoughts:

Christie M said...

Prayers for your precious family.

Julia said...

Praying for precious Ellie over here in the Ukraine.

Linda said...

Praying!

Becky P. said...

Praying now for sweet Ellie...

Christie M said...

What hospital are you at? I'll come and sit with you and pray with you.
c.minich.bclc@verizon.net

Jen Haney said...

I am praying Katie!!

Natalie said...

Praying for you and Ellie! I think Reagan and I will be on the same flight!

Jo Anna said...

May the Lord's comfort and ever-sustaining love hold both you and Ellie up today. You are not alone, sweet friend.

Becky P. said...

Thank you for all these updates, Katie! So happy Ellie's fever is down, that's a step in the right direction! Will continue to lift you all up in prayer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...