9.16.2010

Sweet, Sick Ellie Girl

Ellie is doing much better. Thank you so much for the comments, texts, phone calls, visits, etc. We are so thankful for your prayers & support of our Ellie girl & our family.
Her temp is down!
So far, the tests are not showing any bacterial growth which is very good news.
The spinal tap was rough as it was hard to position her due to her AMC. Plus, the doctor said she is a "slow dripper." Thankfully, they got it at last.
She may develop an addiction to sugar water as I was practically pouring it on her pacifier to try to make her happy. Oh well, that's a fine addiction by me.
Now, if I could just get something for myself. Sugar water for mommies, perhaps?
We are assuming then that it is likely a viral infection. The doctor mentioned possibly RSV but hopefully not. She may run another test in the morning. Respiratory complications are possible with her AMC which makes me nervous. So far, her lungs are okay. .
The plan is to keep Ellie in the hospital for 36-48 hours.
Will had some anxiety when he visited us earlier so he probably won't come up here anymore. He's had 2.5 surgeries here so maybe the memories aren't so good - plus he's likely picking up on our stress.
We are thankful to be in an excellent pediatric hospital - Dallas Children's.
And we are exhausted- I've been up since 3am...
and have a long night ahead of me.
So thank you for praying for our family.
We are struggling with feeling knocked down - again. It seems like every time we think things are relatively "normal" that we just get punched down. And we're kind of tired of that feeling of instability. And tired of putting our babies through torture at various hospitals.
And tired in general.

Please continue to pray for Ellie's recovery & that we can bust her out of here soon!
Thank you - your support means more than you know! We are blessed.
(Not to mention that it shocks me every time that anyone besides the grandmothers read the blog!)




I may break some co-sleeping rules tonight... since she is on monitors & in a hospital it doesn't make me nervous to fall asleep with her on my chest. I'm a believer in special treats like naps with Mommy when my babies are hospitalized.
And nothing is better than a baby sleeping on you!
And it's good for her congestion, right?

10 thoughts:

Julia said...

We are reading and praying over here in the Ukraine. Praying for Ellie and for strength and God's Peace for you! Hang in there - You have a loving God who is holding your family carefully and tenderly in his Ever-Loving Arms!

JennyCraig said...

So glad she's feeling better!!! Praying she continues to get better and you're all "home" soon!

Unknown said...

loving seeing sweet ellie in that pink striped gown. i thought i was the ONLY person that loved gowns...hummm...your package is being packed.

Darby Basham Brown said...

Thinking & Praying for you guys! Please let us know if we can do anything here on the homefront. We can't wait for you to bring her HOME!! Lots of Love!

Kristin said...

I'm praying for Ellie (I love the name but I have a 5 year old Ellie, short for Mary Eleanor).

I think a nap on you would definetely help in her recovery.

Kara said...

I do read the blog and love the updates on sweet Ellie and of course darling Will. I don't always comment but you and the family are in my prayers daily, so know that...Hope you are doing a bit better today. Order "up" on your free breakfast today and make yourself feel better! (get the bacon and eggs and pancakes...) LOL

Starla said...

Praying for you guys, Katie.

ChrisP said...

Mommy sugar water is fermented ;-).
So pleased Ellie's tests are all 'not bad'. And she is recovering.
I know this is scary and a bit disappointing, getting away from what is YOUR norm. Praying for you all!!
Hospital rules are made to break! You go girl!! Ellie needs her cuddles!

BrendaE said...

You break any rule you want that comforts you and your baby girl and that includes letting her sleep on your chest for a night! She is so precious and though we have never met, I check your blog daily and pray as well. I am not Ellie's Gram but am Gram to four of my own. May you feel His unexplainable peace today and continued healing for your precious Ellie. In the love of Lord, the Great Physician, Brenda

Kori said...

Ellie's health and life are in my prayers, along with prayers for strength, rest and grace for your sweet family! May God's will be done in her life and in yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...