11.29.2010

Christmas is Coming

Ellie enjoying her bath yesterday


Yesterday, we decorated our home for Christmas.
Will hung ornaments on the tree in his room - while only wearing a Santa hat & underwear.


We popped popcorn on the stovetop.
And we hung lots of ornaments.
I always admire people's trees that look like they are out of Southern Living.  A piece of me hopes to someday have a tree that is coordinated and beautiful.  
But, I love how each of our ornaments tells a story. It's so good for our marriage and our family as we laugh (& I sometimes may or may not have cried) and pull out our assortment of mismatched ornaments.  I like that our tree has a story.
Here, Will poses with the ornament he received in 2008 - after receiving his first set of prosthetics.
(I found it on ebay that year - it has wooden legs pictured.  Kind of weird - but funny)

R telling Will about an ornament
This canoe represents our first camping trip together & also one of the biggest fights of our marriage.  Now, we laugh about it. 
Will and Daddy hanging the star
Under the tree together






When I was pregnant with sweet Ellie, I wondered how in the world I would survive Christmas if she didn't survive.  I wondered if we would be spending Christmas at her bedside in a hospital.  
For some reason, I became hung up on the stocking.  I knew it would become a trigger for me every year when hanging stockings.
I was so thankful to order her stocking this year.
And my tears flowed as I hung them by our fireplace.
Then, while taking the above picture of my babes, my Sweet Will reached over to hold Ellie's hands.
My heart just exploded.
I am so thankful.

5 thoughts:

Christie M said...

You do know you have two of the cutest kids on the planet don't you?

Michael & Jennifer said...

I think about you every year when I put our canoe ornament on our tree. Such a great memory of a fun trip with y'all! Our tree is a mixture of ornaments as well, and I wouldn't have it any other way- so much more meaningful like that. Loved visiting with you this morning. Hope to talk again soon!

Unknown said...

Our tree is like yours too! Our ornaments all have meaning!
I watched a local snipt of a show this AM about tree decorating...you are suppose to decorate with a diamond pattern, bow top, two bows middle, one bow bottom. No ornaments just hanging on the edge...hummm, I like my ornamants in random patterns as when I hang each one it reminds me of "that" time.

You got some good pics of the kiddos...Christmas Card, Maybe?!!! (I better be on your list!!!)

LOVE the smocked dress Ellie Girl had for Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Walker & I did our tree yesterday afternoon (no we are not a traditional family that does it sentimentally together) Witt was sleeping and Daddy at work but Walker was begging to put it up. And we too have a tree with only meaningful ornaments...wouldnt' have it any other way. Always fun to look at them from year to year and bring back wonderful memories.
Your kids are precious--so wish we could be there on Saturday--know our hearts and running feet are thinking of you and we'll wear our t-shirts proudly.
Love ya'll-ejw

Ashton said...

so very precious!!! Love Love Love the pictures!! And I too would like a "professional" looking tree someday, but I love that our tree is unique and has our random ornaments full of memories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...