12.30.2010

Happy at EKG

I feel like this could be an advertisement for baby EKG's.  You know, if they advertised for those sorts of things.  I'm pretty sure they don't.  You don't exactly flip through Parents Magazine & see ads for diapers and formula next to ads for medical treatments.
But a mom can dream, right?
Parents Magazine?  Call me. 
Ellie was a very happy girl for her EKG a few days ago.  We won't get the results until next week.  Thanks for praying - still praying for normal results.
Susan, we love the hat you made her!  Thank you!



Meanwhile, Ellie has completed flight number 4 as of yesterday.  This is a picture from about 2 weeks ago - we flew during breakfast time which was great.  Will ate a yummy breakfast of pear and cereal and these odd little yogurt balls - they look like skittles and I'm not sure how it is safe to eat yogurt that doesn't need to be refrigerated but for airplane rides, it's great.   It was an almost completely full flight.  A flight attendant (bless you!) stood in the aisle beside us & actually blocked people from sitting with us!  Seriously, she told several people they had to sit elsewhere - usually in middle seats. She totally scored a seat for Ellie and I was so thankful for the extra room (& privacy for nursing).  I love Southwest Airlines! Ellie took a good nap next to her big brother and nursed peacefully.  It was an easy flight.  They were perfect fliers.

Yesterday's flight... not so perfect.   My mom got food poisioning & thankfully a family friend, Sandi, jumped in to save the day & drive us to the airport & help me through security.  Thank you, Sandi!!!  Will was exceptionally whiny.  I'm not sure what was going on but oh my goodness, the whining had to end.  Ellie did great... until we got to our seats on the plane and the air conditioning wasn't working & I was drenched in sweat from carrying her plus bags plus my coat in a hot airport (no room to pack it) and then we got delayed (engine broke - that always makes you feel safe when they tell you that & then decide to just fix it... why can't they just say that they ran out of pretzels or something not so life threatening???  Also, one of Will's favorite take off activities is to read the safety instructions and play a little game in which we look for the people swimming, the airplane swimming, the flames shooting out of the airplane windows, and the people sliding on the wings.  Yes, I feel safe and sound.)
Anyway, we got delayed, on the plane at the gate with no ac... and I was trying to hold Ellie off for eating so that I could nurse during take off to help her ears.  She wanted no part of that.  The girl knows her schedule!  I gave in and fed her to spare the ears of the other passengers.  Once we were in the air, Ellie was happy & full, Will had lunch and got his blood sugar up again and quit whining, and I finally relaxed.  It was not such a perfect flight.  But the engine worked so that makes it all okay.  Once we landed, I hauled both kids plus all of our carryons off the plane and then Ellie started crying again.  Thank you God, that a blog reader, Vanessa, somehow recognized us (I forget sometimes that I guess W & E are fairly unique & recognizable!) introduced herself & (bless her) carried bags & pushed Will and helped me get down to where R was waiting.
 And, I still say I'd rather fly any day than take a long road trip.
Now, I've got to unpack & get going on my mountain of a to do list before I leave again in a few weeks.

2 thoughts:

Crystal said...

http://theelrod.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-post_8391.html
for casting. If you have any questions I can pass you her number. She is always ready and willing to help!

23weeks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...